| On Location / In Office
$18 - $20/hr.
EAC Network, a not-for-profit social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for over 65,000 people in need through 100 programs across Long Island and NYC, seeks a Peer Mentor to work full time for its Brooklyn Community Re-Entry Assistance Network (CRAN) program.
The Peer Mentor position is a non-exempt position paying $18-20 per hour at 35 hours per week. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM and the office is located in Brooklyn, NY. The role reports to Senior Director.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & More
Primary Purpose of Job:
The CRAN Peer Mentor is responsible for providing on-going culturally responsive an appropriate support to clients.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in planning for services for clients, through face to face meetings and facilitation of group discussions.
- Assist program participants in completing required assignments.
- Meet with clients on an on-going, as needed basis on and off site and be available via email and office phone for support, advice and guidance.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Participate in regularly scheduled on-going trainings and supervision.
- Assist in connecting clients to community-based support resources, clubhouses and other ancillary services.
- Maintain client charts and notes, update after each interaction with client and have available for inspection by supervision at any time.
- Candidate will be based out of the Brooklyn CRAN office but will need to be available to travel to the other CRAN programs within the 5 boroughs, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or educational equivalent required.
- Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of target population and area resources.
- Experience with group facilitation preferable.
- Experience using cognitive behavioral therapies and motivational interviewing
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems necessary to perform work assignments.
This position requires the incumbent to provide acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination.