| On Location / In Office
$19 - $20/hr.
Liberty Resources is a dynamic and growing human services agency that is a great place to work! Our employees have passion around the services they provide and our corporate values of excellence and staff support. We pride ourselves on high quality, integrated, community-based services that meet the evolving needs of our communities. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce that values contributions of all team members and work to recognize cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and how they apply to provision of positive health outcomes.
We are currently seeking a Peer Specialist to work in our Monroe Behavioral Health Clinic in Rochester, NY. The Peer Specialist should have personal experience as a recipient of mental health and/or chemical dependency services with a willingness to share personal and practical experience, knowledge, and first-hand insight to benefit program members. The Peer Specialist will work closely with Integrated Health Care’s multidisciplinary team to engage members in our community and provide support and encouragement to them as they navigate through the assessment, referral and engagement process.
The Peer Support Specialist provides supportive services with a rehabilitation and recovery focus. Services are designed to promote skills for coping with and managing behavioral health symptoms while facilitating the utilization of natural resources and the enhancement of recovery-oriented principles including hope, self-efficacy, and community living skills. The Peer Support Specialist is also responsible for monitoring and ensuring routine assessments are completed per contract requirements.
- Drawing on knowledge and skills acquired from personal experience with the mental health, medical, and substance abuse systems, provide one-to-one supportive services to individuals both on site and in the community as outlined within the APS Code of Ethics and/or the NYCB Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the organizations care and patient navigators.
- Assist as needed with the collection of Quality of Care monitoring.
- Act as a positive role model for individuals by demonstrating a high level of personal wellness.
- Completes necessary documentation including assessment, progress notes, and care plans as applicable and in accordance with program and agency standards.
- Facilitate individual and group-based educational, recovery, wellness and skill building opportunities including Whole Health Action Management (WHAM) and Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP).
- Provide advocacy, outreach and engagement, self-help tools, transitional supports, pre-crisis and crisis support services, and non-clinical peer counseling to clients served through the clinic in the setting that is most likely to yield positive results, including in the community.
- As applicable use personal vehicle to travel to and from appointments.
- Develops and applies a process for assessing differing beliefs and preferences and takes this diversity into account when planning and delivering care.
- Must have valid NYS Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Have personal experience as a recipient of mental health services and/or substance abuse services with a willingness to share personal and practical experience, knowledge, and first-hand insight to benefit clients.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain personal wellness and utilize recovery tools.
- Certified by the Office of Mental Health (OMH) as a Certified Peer Specialist or Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (OASAS) as a Certified Peer Recovery Advocate or a willingness to become certified within one year.
- Demonstrate the values of diversity, equity and belonging; foster an inclusive environment that facilitates diversity.
Pay: $18.50/hour to $20.00/hour.
Liberty Resources is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Liberty Resources offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Liberty Resources cares about your safety. We are following all CDC guidelines to ensure safety for clients, families and employees.