| On Location / In Office
$44,605 - $44,605/yr.
Queens Hospital Center is making good on its promise to the people of southeastern and central Queens to maximize both patient convenience and positive clinical outcomes. Residents of Queens can count on the delivery of quality medical care right in their own borough. In 2002 the hospital opened a state-of-the-art, 261-bed facility that includes the Queens Cancer Center, the first comprehensive cancer treatment center in the borough.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, our mission is to deliver high quality care health services, without exception. Every employee takes a person-centered approach that exemplifies the ICARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) through empathic communication and partnerships between all persons.
In addition to performing the duties of Assignment Level I at a more difficult and responsible level, performs the following tasks: Examples of Typical Tasks:
1. Acts as a preceptor to Peer Counselors in Assignment Level I.
2. Provides education training on recipient issues to mental health and other human services providers.
3. Advocates for the needs of people with psychiatric disabilities within the mental health system and within service delivery systems.
4. Participate in utilization review and quality improvement activities.
For Assignments in Mental Health:
1. Satisfactory and documented completion of a formalized Peer Counselor/Specialist Training Program; and
2. Certification as a Peer Specialist (NYCPS) issued by the Peer Specialist Certification Board.
For Assignments in Substance Use:
1. Certification as a Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) issued by the New York Certification Board.
For all other Assignments:
1. A High school diploma or its educational equivalent; and
2. Satisfactory and documented completion of a formalized Peer Counselor/Specialist Training Program; or
3. One (1) year of full-time satisfactory experience working with consumers of mental health services as a peer
counselor/specialist, peer advocate or in related human services.
Assignment Level II
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements of Peer Counselor Level I, assignment to Level II requires:
1. One (1) additional year of experience, as described in three (3) above
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online at employment.nychhc.org.
NYC Health and Hospitals offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits for employees hired to work 20+ hrs. per week
- Retirement Savings and Pension Plans
- Loan Forgiveness Programs for eligible employees
- Paid Holidays and Vacation in accordance with employees’ Collectively bargained contracts
- College tuition discounts and professional development opportunities
- Multiple employee discounts programs