| On Location / In Office
$16 - $16/hr.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Intake and Peer Support Services
PAY: $16.00 Per Hour
ABOUT DELPHI RISE:
Delphi Rise is a small but impactful community-based, non-profit behavioral health organization that focuses on supporting individuals with substance use addiction. Since 1936, we have been offering our community an array of services including Outpatient Treatment; school-based prevention, education and counseling; prison Reentry Services; HUD Rapid Re-Housing supports; and Health Homes Care Management services. We also operate an Open Access Clinic, providing on-demand substance abuse evaluations and referrals. In fact, we are the only 24/7 Open Access Provider in Monroe County!
Delphi Rise’s staff is experienced, passionate and resilient, always putting our clients at the center of our work. Our culture is one of warmth, laughter, affirmation and hope.
A peer is someone with lived experience with substance use who uses their experiential knowledge to support the recovery goals of individuals who use drugs and/or alcohol. Peers are natural support experts, meaning that the relationships they establish can lead to increased feelings of support, safety, and wellbeing among the individuals they serve. Peer support services are participant-centered; even though services emphasize knowledge and wisdom through lived experience, peers are encouraged to be extremely intentional in how they share their story or pull from first-hand knowledge to ensure that support work chiefly benefits program participants.
- Manage waiting room for the Open Access Clinic
- Offer phone support to individuals who call the Open Access Clinic
- Assist the evaluator with referrals for services
- Assist client with filling out intake package paperwork
- Raise awareness of existing social and other support services
- Model coping skills
- Provide non-clinical crisis support, especially after periods of hospitalization or incarceration
- Work with participants to identify strengths
- Link participants to formal recovery supports
- Educate program participants about various modes of recovery
- Administrative duties associated with program: copying, scanning, and data entry
- Light cleaning when not serving clients in the Open Access area
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The minimum requirements for this position:
- High School Diploma or GED/Unless Waived by OASAS
- ASAP-NYCB Peer Advocate (CRPA or CRPA-P)
- Ability to utilize a computer
- Reliable transportation and a clean driver’s license
- Per-diem hours
- Evenings, weekends, and holidays
Delphi Rise is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and we strictly prohibit such conduct by our employees, contractors, and business partners.
We strive to attract, develop, and retain the best talent from diverse backgrounds, and we believe that our differences make us stronger.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our job opportunities, and we will make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact us at Alexander LiPera, HR Administrator: 585-467-2230, ext. 429.
Please email resume to Alexander LiPera, HR Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org