$40,000 - $40,000/yr.
Family Service League is seeking a full-time Peer Specialist to work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide outreach and engagement with adolescents and adults who are newly experiencing the onset of psychosis and who may also be experiencing other behavioral health disorders. This position has a hybrid schedule of on-site (clinic-based) and field work, as well as in person and telehealth services. Staff will receive expert training and technical assistance in a structured, empirically supported model of assessment and treatment (OnTrackNY, through the Center for Practice Innovations at Columbia Psychiatry and New York State Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene).
- Utilize lived experience with behavioral health to outreach and engage adolescents and adults with psychosis and the full range of DSM diagnoses.
- Collaborate on referrals, resources, and interventions within a multidisciplinary team that includes Master’s level clinicians, nurses and psychiatric nurse practitioners.
- Conduct eligibility screening for young people referred to the OnTrack NY program and facility referral.
- Provide linkage to people who are ineligible for services or more appropriate for other levels of care.
- Complete all clinical documentation in accordance with NYS Office of Mental Health in an electronic medical record.
- Coordinate and connect to community resources.
- Attend routine supervision/team meetings.
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to Performance Quality Insurance (PQI) and accreditation with the Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services (COA).
- Provide additional support/services to the clinic proper, as needed.
- Complete trainings and maintain proficiency with de-escalation skills.
- All other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Certified Peer Specialist or Credential Family Peer Advocate or working towards certification required.
Prior experience in a behavioral health setting preferred.
Relevant life experience required and willingness to draw upon this experience to engage individuals and serve as a role model.
Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Ability to problem solve, make clear decisions and work as part of a team required.
Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Records required.
Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Valid and clean NYS Driver’s License required.
We offer a generous benefits package including the following:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Retirement Savings Plan with a 5% employer contribution
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous PTO (paid time off)
- Up to 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Student Tuition Remission Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Discounts and more!