$19 - $20/hr.
Liberty Resources is a dynamic and growing human services agency that is a great place to work!
Our employees have passion around the services they provide and our corporate values of excellence and staff support. We pride ourselves on high quality, integrated, community-based services that meet the evolving needs of our communities. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce that values contributions of all team members and work to recognize cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and how they apply to provision of positive health outcomes.
We are currently seeking a Peer Specialist to join our Community Oriented Recovery and Empowerment team. The Peer Specialist should have personal experience as a recipient of mental health and/or chemical dependency services with a willingness to share personal and practical experience, knowledge, and first-hand insight to benefit program members. The Peer Specialist will work closely with our Community Oriented Recovery and Empowerment team to engage adults in our community and provide support and encouragement to them as they navigate through the assessment, referral and engagement process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance seeking and obtaining benefits and entitlements, food, and permanent housing; provide linkages to services and assist with system navigation
- Provide companionship and modeling of recovery lifestyle, including participation in recovery activities that might be beyond the scope of treatment providers
- Schedule interim visits with individuals after discharge from hospital emergency rooms, detox units or inpatient psychiatric units to facilitate a smooth transition back into the community
- Assist individuals with selecting and utilizing recovery tools
- Provide recovery education and coaching for individuals and their family members
- Assist individuals with bridging from Jail, prison, hospitals or other institutions back into their home and community
- Provide companionship when an individual is in an emergency room or crisis unit or preparing to be admitted to detox, residential or other service to deal with crisis; assist individuals with developing crisis diversion plans or relapse prevention plans
- HS diploma Equivalent (GED) and one (1) year experience providing peer support preferred.
- Certified by the Office of Mental Health (OMH) as a Certified Peer Specialist or Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (OASAS) as a Certified Peer Recovery Advocate or Provisional peer.
- Must possess valid NYS driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Demonstrates the values of diversity, equity and belonging; foster an inclusive environment that facilitates diversity.
- A Collaborative and Supportive Team Atmosphere
- Access to Quality Clinical Supervision
- Opportunities to Enhance Clinical Growth and Advancement
- Competitive Compensation and Paid Time Off package
- Family Friendly Workplace
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan
- Continuing Education Opportunities Offered
Starting rate: $19.00 hourly
Liberty Resources is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Liberty Resources offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.