| On Location / In Office
$18 - $18/hr.
The successful candidate will provide Case Management and Advocacy services for caregivers of children and adolescents, and their families. The Family Peer Advocate will help plan, access, and coordinate services for children and their families. The posiition is predominately community-base work. The candidate will be traveling within Brooklyn.
- Provide advocacy through outreach with providers across the child serving system
- Work to raise awareness, reduce stigma, and engage families in services. Work to identify formal services and informal resources for families experiencing social-emotional, behavioral, or mental health challenges.
- Assist families with identifying needs, strengths and challenges.
- Monitor family progress to determine goals met.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of providers
- Develop a resource challenges directory to identify formal services and informal services for families with mental health challenges/or at risk of experiencing mental health.
- Lived experience in parenting a child or adolescent with a serious emotional disturbance and/or lived experience of mental health challenges.
- Fully licensed or Provisional License as a Certified Recovery Family Peer Advocate
- Ability to work with diverse social, cultural, economic groups
- Background in advocating mental health and/or in the educational system
- Bilingual in Russian/Spanish/Urdu/Chinese is a strong plus