Garden City, NY
| On Location / In Office
$21 - $22/hr.
- Conduct home visits (60% of worked time) to educate clients on parenting techniques and develop advocacy skills and to assist them in securing community resources to strengthen their support system.
- Facilitate groups or other networking opportunities for clients.
- Attend all required program, agency and regulatory training and meetings.
- Complete all required paperwork in accordance with funding and agency requirements and submit by required deadline. This includes but not limited to case records, timesheets, mileage forms and expense reports.
- Collaborate with Case Manager on shared client cases to ensure quality delivery of services.
- Assume other tasks, projects and responsibilities as needed to ensure the effective operation of the program.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- High school diploma required.
- Must complete the required OMH trainings within the first year of employment
- Must parent or have parented a child with mental health challenges.
- A valid New York State driver’s license with a safe and responsible driving history, and the ability to regularly travel to and from residences, worksites and schools within Nassau or Suffolk County.
- Knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word and the Internet. Ability to adapt to program specific applications.
- Hourly – hours to be determined but will not exceed ten (19) hours per week.
- Flexible schedule based on client’s needs and availability, which will include evening hours.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21-22 per hour