Seneca Falls, NY
| On Location / In Office
$17 - $18/hr.
AspireHope NY, Inc. (Formerly Finger Lakes Parent Network, Inc.) is a parent-governed organization providing community services since 1990. Our mission is to engage individuals, families, and communities in improving their own mental and physical health through services that are led and supported by peers who have been through relevant experiences.
AspireHope NY, Inc. has an immediate opening for a part–time Family Engagement Specialist in Seneca County, NY, at the Seneca County Community Counseling Center.
Job Title: Family Engagement Specialist (FES)
Title Description: The FES will act as a support to families and a liaison to community providers. The FES will earn a Professional Family Peer Credential and engage in trainings for personal skill development.
- Purpose of the position: Provides strength-based support and empowerment opportunities for families of children with emotional, intellectual, behavioral, and mental health challenges. Participates as an advocate with families. Partner as an integral and collaborative team member with all required community providers.
- Overview of responsibilities
- Support, advocate with families.
- Participate in interagency meetings with families or as a “Peer Representative.”
- Assist families with completing assessments and surveys as requested.
- Market support services to the community by providing educational service presentations and outreach.
- Coordinate parental participation in local, state and conferences, trainings or meetings.
- Attend relevant meetings as determined by your supervisor and Mental Health Director.
- Attend county collaborative(s) to increase community awareness of family needs, barriers and available services.
- All other duties as assigned
- Supervision: Report directly to Family Services Coordinator
- MUST be the parent/primary legal guardian of a child with an emotional, behavioral, intellectual, mental health challenge and/or substance abuse.
- Personal experience utilizing multiple children’s mental health, education, or other community services.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking, listening, and assertiveness.
- Have a high school diploma, high school equivalency or a State Education Commencement Credential and have computer skills including Excel and Word.
- Driver’s license, or agency approved transportation alternative, reliable transportation and ability to travel within the county.
- Able to work flexible hours, some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Provide consent and passes all required background clearances throughout employment.
- Possess and maintain a FPA credential; if not at hire, must submit provisional credential within 30 days of employment
Work Hours: Part-time; 20 hours per week.
Starting Pay – $17 hourly
Advancement Pay – $17.25 hourly with Provisional Credential and completing the 90-day introductory period of employment. $18 hourly with Professional Credential and 1-year experience as a credentialed FES at current position without being on employment probation.
Benefits: Holidays, PTO, Mileage Reimbursement