| On Location / In Office
$17 - $18/hr.
F/T Peer Specialist develops effective partnerships with individuals in order to identify a Path toward Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse Recovery. The process will support the development of skills in self-advocacy, choice and empowerment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Individual Peer Support in the Community
- Identifies strengths and barriers to create a plan for skill development
- Advocates to create a community connection and linkage to natural and paid supports
- Able to adapt work schedule to meet the program and client needs
- Able to meet weekly Managed Care requirements for assessment, documentation and billing
- Documentation skills and Time Management skills required
- Committed to Quality Services
- Demonstrates a thoughtful approach to transition planning
- Must have High School Diploma, or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must have personal/lived experience and in recovery from a Mental Health diagnosis and or Substance abuse
- Must have a valid Driver’s license, own personal vehicle with valid insurance
- Must have and or be in the process of obtaining your New York Certified Peer Specialist (NYCPS) and/or Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA)
- Must have computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft 365/Suite.
Circare’s insurance carrier requires that Circare employees who drive personal vehicles for work maintain minimum auto insurance coverage limits of at least $100,000/person; $300,000/accident and that employees provide HR with proof of current minimum insurance coverage (copy of Auto Liability Insurance Declaration Page) on their first day of employment. Employees are required to provide an updated Auto Liability Insurance Declaration Page to HR by expiration date on Declaration Page.
- One or more years’ experience providing Peer Support to individuals with Substance Use Disorder and/or Serious Mental illness
- Knowledgeable of HARP HCBS and CORE Programs including Empowerment Peer Support, Habilitation, Psycho-Social Rehabilitation, Family Support and Training
- Multilingual a plus
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a behavioral health setting
Circare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance (with employer funded HRA-Health Reimbursement Arrangement)
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan and 401K option
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Continuing Education Opportunities
Circare also offers a variety of benefits to support employee Work/Life Balance:
- Generous Paid Leave
- Paid and Optional Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Family Leave
Circare is a not-for-profit community-based agency located in Syracuse, New York. Circare supports individuals and their families who encounter barriers to their health and wellness, both physical and behavioral, to develop the resources to live a satisfying and naturally interdependent life. Our core value of providing person and family centered services is embedded in all of our programs and promotes personal choice, respect for diversity, individuality, and community inclusiveness.