| On Location / In Office
$21 - $25/hr.
EAC Network, a not-for-profit social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for over 65,000 people in need through 100 programs across Long Island and NYC, seeks a Peer Mentor to work full time for its Brooklyn Behavioral Health Collaborative program.
The Peer Mentor position is a non-exempt position paying $21-25 per hour. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM. The office is located in Brooklyn, NY and the role reports to the Program Director.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & More.
Primary Purpose of Job:
Peer Mentor for the Brooklyn Behavioral Health Collaborative program is responsible for providing on-going support for clients settling into community life, advocating for client needs, monitoring client satisfaction with services, assisting with connecting clients to community-based support groups.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Co-facilitate Interactive Journaling and Consumer Centered Family Consultation groups.
- Provide on-going support for recovering clients settling into community life by active collaboration with Case Managers.
- Participate in team meetings and planning for client services for clients through participation in discussions where client status is discussed.
- Monitor client satisfaction with services, and apprise case management staff.
- Assist in connecting clients to community-based peer support resources, clubhouses, and other supplements to treatment.
- Escort clients to treatment facilities within the five boroughs of NYC through the use of public transportation system.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Some prior related experience preferred.
- Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (CASAC) or Certified recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) highly preferred.
- Must be or have been a consumer of mental health and/or substance abuse services.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work cooperatively with treatment and mental health systems.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating system including Microsoft Word.