| On Location / In Office
$17 - $17/hr.
REPORTS TO: Senior Peer Advocate
ABOUT DELPHI RISE:
Delphi Rise is a small but impactful community-based, non-profit behavioral health organization that focuses on supporting individuals with substance use addiction. Since 1936, we have been offering our community an array of services including Outpatient Treatment; school-based prevention, education and counseling; prison Reentry Services; HUD Rapid Re-Housing supports; and Health Homes Care Management services. We also operate an Open Access Clinic, providing on-demand substance abuse evaluations and referrals. In fact, we are the only 24/7 Open Access Provider in Monroe County!
Delphi Rise’s staff is experienced, passionate, and resilient, always putting our clients at the center of our work. Our culture is one of warmth, laughter, affirmation, and hope.
Delphi Rise will be opening an on-site food and supply cupboard to support individuals served across multiple on-site programs. This cupboard will be available to individuals in need of having immediate basic needs met and will serve as a way to deepen our engagement, and support clients on their recovery journey. The Peer Advocate—with lived experience—will be responsible for the operations of the cupboard, including tasks like completing inventory, assessing need, and purchasing supplies. They will prepare meals with individuals in our kitchen, assist clients in making selections from the cupboard, and will lean in to support when and how they are needed most, including making referrals to necessary programs.
- Manage the cupboard by purchasing, stocking, coordinating and replenishing
- Maintain basic clothing items in a variety of sizes for clients
- Survey clients on food preferences
- Take clients to farmers’ markets in company vehicle when appropriate
- Prepare meals in our on-site kitchen with clients by teaching cooking skills/meal ideas/basics on nutrition when appropriate
- Complete safe food handler certification through Foodlink
- Provide supportive engagement for those not quite ready for treatment
- Connect individuals to formal supports—both in-house at Delphi as well as to other providers depending on need
- Transport clients to a local public/farmer’s market to purchase fresh foods
- Model coping skills in words and actions
- Attend team meetings as requested
- Track data required for grant within the electronic medical record
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The minimum requirements for this position:
- Lived experience in the mental health or substance use system
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to utilize a computer
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Clean driver’s license
- Comfortable working in the community and willing to proactively engage individuals, resources and providers.
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Days, evenings, and weekends*
*This position is a mix of days, evenings and weekends
Delphi Rise is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and we strictly prohibit such conduct by our employees, contractors, and business partners.
We strive to attract, develop, and retain the best talent from diverse backgrounds, and we believe that our differences make us stronger.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our job opportunities, and we will make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact Alexander LiPera, HR Administrator: 585-467-2230, ext. 429.
Please email resume to Alexander LiPera, HR Administrator: email@example.com