$16 - $16/hr.
AspireHopeNY, Inc. (Formerly Finger Lakes Parent Network, Inc.) is a parent-governed organization providing community services since 1990. Our mission is to engage individuals, families, and communities in improving their own mental and physical health through services that are led and supported by peers who have been through relevant experiences.
AspireHopeNY, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Family Engagement Specialist in Steuben County, NY.
Job Title: Family Engagement Specialist (FES)
Title Description: The FES will act as a support to families and a liaison to community providers. The FES will earn a Professional Family Peer Credential and engage in trainings for personal skill development.
- Purpose of the position: Provide support, advocacy and assessment to families with identified children. Create awareness of the special needs of families and build positive community partnerships. Serve as a team member to ensure family voice in county meetings.
- Overview of responsibilities
- Provide FANS assessments.
- Provide peer support and advocacy to families not enrolled in Medicaid.
- Encourage family participation in educational events, community services and wrap around services.
- Represent AHNY at county collaborative(s) to foster community awareness of family needs, barriers and available services.
- Do Marketing and outreach to agencies and businesses to share awareness and increase referrals.
- Complete paperwork and data entry in a timely manner.
- Supervision: Report directly to Family Services Coordinator
- MUST be the parent/primary legal caregiver of a child with an emotional, behavioral, social, and/or developmental disabilities with experience navigating multiple child-serving systems.
- Reliable transportation, flexible schedule, home internet and home office space.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and respect for diverse cultural backgrounds and family practices.
- Apply for Provisional Family Peer Advocate credential at hire and complete Professional Credential after 1000 hours of employment. Maintain and re-certify for credential.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and pass all criminal history background checks.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be outgoing and personable with public speaking abilities, Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- The salary and benefits associated with the position
- Job Type: Part time (20 hrs.); Evening availability and occasional weekends required.
- Salary: starting hourly pay rate $15.76 & $16.26 after Professional Credentialing
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off