| On Location / In Office
$40,000 - $42,000/yr.
WJCS is hiring! If working alongside a team of caring professionals interests you, apply now!
Details about this exciting opportunity:
- Full-Time Peer specialist to work in our OnTrackNY program located in Peekskill, NY.
- Compensation: $40,000 – $42,000/year.
- The OnTrackNY Program is an innovative and exciting treatment program offered by WJCS in cooperation with a larger NY State Research team. This program serves adolescents and young adults who are in the very early stages of a psychotic disorder.
What WJCS has to offer you:
- Sign-On Bonus.
- Generous PTO, Comprehensive Health Benefits and a Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).
- 403(b) Plan and an Agency-Paid Pension Plan.
- On-Going Professional Training and Development.
- Employee Assistance and Referral Program.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working as an ally, mentor, and advocate for young people as they contend with the difficulties and uncertainties of early psychosis.
- Engaging in activities related to community awareness of recovery and stigma reduction.
- Participating in outreach and recruitment activities with the team, forging relationships with community provided, and helping to Convery the “spirit of OnTrackNY”.
If you have the following:
- State certification or Provisional Certification as a Peer Specialist with the understanding that the person will become certified within 1 year of employment.
- 2 years of active participation in mental health self-help activities, peer support or peer advocacy programs or similar programs.
- A valid driver’s license.
Then we are excited to receive your application!
How to apply:
- Send your resume and cover letter to Ashley DeNicolais, HR Recruiter, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax at (914) 421-9066.
Why join Westchester Jewish Community Services (WJCS)?
Founded in 1943, WJCS provides a vast range of supportive community services each year to 20,000 people of all ages and backgrounds. Across every division, WJCS employees are connected by their shared values and commitment to helping those in need.
We are dedicated to ensuring dignity and respect for all employees in an inclusive and safe environment that values diversity, experience, and merit. We are committed to racial justice and equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, class, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity differences—for employment, professional development, and advancement for qualified individuals.
WJCS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.