| On Location / In Office
$17 - $18/hr.
Be a part of a ground-breaking new program! Join Circare’s Youth Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team, serving families and youth in Onondaga County. This multi-disciplinary team will work with children ages 10 to 21 and their families to provide intensive intervention to support complex needs, as well as keeping children at risk of hospitalization or residential care in their homes.
Circare is seeking a credentialed Family Peer Advocate for the Youth ACT team, who will provide formal and informal support, based on lived experience, to families who are raising a child experiencing social and emotional challenges. The position is full-time, during regular business hours, M-F. Circare is looking for a candidate interested in community-based work and who is committed to supporting children with complex mental health needs and their families.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
- Possess a credential as a family peer advocate, recognized by the NYS Office of Mental Health
- Lived experience raising a child with serious emotional disturbance and familiarity with associated challenges
- Have a high school diploma, high school equivalency or a State Education Commencement Credential, at minimum
- Knowledge of available community resources for children and families
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using electronic health record programs
- Educate recipients about self-help techniques and self-help group processes
- Teach recipients effective coping strategies and symptom management skills based on personal lived experience
- Assist in clarifying rehabilitation for recipients
- Provide family to family support
- Assist in navigation of systems and connections to external services
- Actively participate in daily team meetings for status review, service plan updates and staff assignments
- Complete all required documentation
Circare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Eligible for Sign On Bonus
- Medical Insurance (with employer funded HRA-Health Reimbursement Arrangement)
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan and 401K option
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Continuing Education Opportunities
- Student Loan Reimbursement Program
Circare also offers a variety of benefits to support employee Work/Life Balance:
- Generous Paid Leave
- Paid and Optional Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Schedules for most positions
- Remote Work Opportunities
Circare is a not-for-profit community-based agency located in Syracuse, New York. Circare supports individuals and their families who encounter barriers to their health and wellness, both physical and behavioral, to develop the resources to live a satisfying and naturally interdependent life. Our core value of providing person and family centered services is embedded in all of our programs and promotes personal choice, respect for diversity, individuality, and community inclusiveness.