| On Location / In Office
$17 - $19/hr.
The Youth Engagement Specialist will provide Skillbuilding-style services to youth with behavioral health challenges ages 5 to 21. The Youth Engagement Specialist assists individuals to eliminate functional deficits and interpersonal/environmental barriers to restore their functioning and integration within their family, community, or culture. Youth Engagement Specialists provide face to face person-centered, recovery-oriented, solution focused interventions in individual or group settings.
- Model and educate youth and young adults on self-advocacy and systems navigation.
- Assist clients in developing goals and objectives that are strength and needs based.
- Engage each client in weekly community-based activities to promote healthy lifestyles and progress towards established goals.
- Link client to other agencies and services as needed.
- Document visits in detailed progress notes.
- Create formal treatment plans based on a young person’s strengths and needs.
- Represent client voice in staff and team meetings.
- Gather clients in small groups periodically to promote positive socialization and problem-solving.
VALUES IN ACTION:
- Ability to establish connections with participant and family’s circle of supports and serve as a member of youth’s treatment team.
- Makes frequent communication with collaterals and maintain relationships over the course of service.
- Ensure services are youth-centered and family-focused.
One Team, One Mission
- Willingness to communicate creatively with co-workers.
- Conduct outreach in the community on behalf of all Compeer programs (ambassadorship).
- Demonstrate willingness to take on additional responsibilities with the agency and in the community.
- Maintain positive communication and relationships with co-workers.
- Represent Compeer in a professional manner both internally and out in the community (this includes written and spoken language, attitude, and appearance).
Lead by Example
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for the diverse cultural backgrounds of the youth and family served.
- Maintain self-care.
- Manage daily tasks with little or no prompting from Supervisor.
- Demonstrate organization and effective, efficient use of time and agency resources.
- Show willingness to accept responsibility for errors while taking corrective action.
- Ability to use and accept constructive criticism appropriately.
- Demonstrate reliability through attendance, punctuality, and timely responses.
Sharing Knowledge and Expertise
- Participate in trainings as assigned.
- Ability to develop achievable and realistic goals based on a youth’s diagnoses, needs, and strengths.
- Proven ability to inspire, and energize youth to develop skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity when faced with challenges.
Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma, high school equivalency or a State Education Commencement Credential with a minimum of two years’ experience in children’s mental health, addiction and/or foster care or; a Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or in related human services field or; a Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or in related human services field.
Compeer Rochester, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.