Family Peer Advocate
Federation of Organizations is seeking a Full-Time Family Peer Advocate for the Home Best Program in Long Island, NY
LOCATION: Staff are expected to work remote out in the field in Nassau & Suffolk County (Staff are expected to report to West Babylon for meetings and supervisions, conduct field work)
DEPARTMENT: Care Coordination
HOURS: Full Time/35 hours per week
PAY: $16 Hourly
Minimum High School Diploma, obtain Family Peer Certification in the first 6 months of employment, some experience serving children and families with serious mental illness. Clean, valid NYS Driver’s License preferred. Fingerprinting, criminal record check, approval from NYS Office of Mental Health.
Provide in-home services to children, adults, and families with serious mental illness to receive services in their own home or community. Oversees and coordinates access to all services (behavioral, medical health and social service supports) to assist children and families to stay healthy in Nassau County Only. Family Peer Advocate (FPA) and the parent/family member/caregiver form a collaboration for the benefit of the child/youth. The FPA will hold a caseload of 36 children/families. Service components include activities to help the families to develop resources and supports for the benefit of the child/youth, including engagement, bridging and transition, self-advocacy, self-efficacy and empowerment, parent skill development, and community connections.
We Offer a wide range of rewarding employment opportunities along with a generous benefits package. We offer the following to eligible Employees
- Generous Paid Time Off for Full-time and Eligible Part-Time Employees
- 13 paid Holidays for Full-time and Eligible Part-Time Employees
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- Retirement 401K Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- CALM App Subscription
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Career Growth & Promotional Opportunities
- Comprehensive Paid Training
- Supplemental Accident, Illness and Hospitalization Insurance
- Encourage Education Professional Advancement
- Employee Perks & Discounts on Broadway shows, theme parks, and other attractions
- Eligibility for Federal/Public Loan Forgiveness
Federation of Organizations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Posted On: December 22, 2023
Full-Time | On Location / In Office
$44,957 - $55,093/hr.