| On Location / In Office
$15 - $15/hr.
Job Title: Part-time Peer Navigator – SCI
The Part-time Peer Navigator lays an integral role in engaging and linking PLWH in services. They coordinate care navigation, which monitors medical and behavioral health to enhance patient centered care. Peer Navigator delivers services to support engagement to prevent lost to follow up. They conduct outreach and reconnection to care by escorting clients to appointments to support medical adherence via remote or onsite.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides all ongoing support such as appointment scheduling, reminders and transportation via onsite or remote.
- Liaison to all service needs identified.
- Conducts home and field – based services, escorting to mental health and primary care appointments, specialist appointments and all other social service related engagements.
- Provides feedback to entire Team on client interactions and observations in the field
- Documents encounters in eSHARE.
- Responsible for outreach activities and assist in reconnection participants to care.
- Assists Behavioral Health Coach with weekly groups.
- Maintains connections with community social services agencies and providers.
- Works collaboratively with partnering agencies.
- Provide support to clients through shared live experiences (HIV infection, HCV infection, substance use history, and/or mental health issues.)
- Explain, support, and reinforce agency’s Covid-19 precautions, such as social distancing and tele-health
- Participate in required and ongoing trainings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 2 years of experience working in community setting.
- Exhibits lived experiences of target population but has demonstrated exemplary path to recovery, with successful access to and retention in care and treatment; mirrors demographics of the target population – race/ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, cultural norms/beliefs.
- Familiar with community resources, specifically recovery oriented resources.
- Commitment to advocacy and activism in the intersecting crises of mental health, homelessness, drug use, hepatitis C and HIV/AIDS.
- Entitlement knowledge for PLWHA.
- Knowledge of harm reduction services to high risk populations including drug users, those in recovery, the homeless and sex workers.
*We follow the NYC Workplace Vaccination requirements.
- High School Diploma, GED or Associates degree.
BOOM!HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals who have personal experience with drug use, PLWHA, women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and the formerly incarcerated are strongly encouraged to apply
Please visit our website: www.boomhealth.org for information about the company.
- Compensation competitive; based on clinical ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits, including Major Medical, Dental, Pension match after 1 year.
- Close to all public transportation.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates are subject to a drug test.
NYC law prohibits us from requiring you to share information about your current or past salary. Although we may discuss salary expectations with you, you should not interpret any of our questions as seeking or requiring information about your current or past salary.