Saratoga Springs, NY
| On Location / In Office
$20 - $20/hr.
RISE Housing and Support Services has an opportunity for an empathetic, dedicated, and compassionate individual to work with our Outreach and Engagement team to assist individuals in the community in beginning and sustaining their recovery journeys. A successful candidate will be able to meet individuals where they are at and assist in cultivating the skills they need to build self-confidence and gain independence. This individual must have the ability utilize their lived experience to appropriately respond to the needs of the individuals we serve.
RISE offers a Certified Recover Peer Advocate:
- A rate of $20 per hour
- A generous time off package: In your 1st year, earn up to 4 weeks of combined vacation and holiday time, 3 weeks of combined sick and personal time, and a day off for your birthday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and many other benefits
- An opportunity to start a new career in a growing organization that likes to promote from within
- A supportive team and the independence to own your role
- A family friendly atmosphere with wellness time, paid lunch hours, and recognition for your hard work and achievements
Overview of Job Responsibilities
- Creating and fostering supportive relationships with individuals with substance use disorder
- Proving effective support and advocacy while maintaining appropriate and professional boundaries
- Actively connecting and linking individuals to recovery services and the recovery community
- Adhering to all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations
To qualify you must have:
- Certification as a Peer Recovery Advocate (CRPA)
- Excellent conflict management and dispute resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal boundaries
- Our shared belief system in areas such as respect, compassion, and inclusion
- Clearance with all relevant background checks per RISE policies and governing regulations
- A valid NYS driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the RISE transportation policy
- A willingness to travel throughout Saratoga county and some schedule flexibility (including some evenings and weekends)
To join our growing non-profit in a role that supports the participants of one of our newest programs, submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
RISE Housing and Support Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.