Staten Island, NY
| On Location / In Office
$18 - $18/hr.
The CCBHC is comprised of several community-based programs providing care to over 2,000 clients annually, both on site and in the community. The Peer Specialist provides inpatient-to community transition care, in-home crisis stabilization/treatment services/supports. The Peer Specialist supports clients in linkage to care and engagement with identified onsite providers and community providers and ensure that client support networks are sufficient to meet their needs.
Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Provide emotional and practical support to participants as they engage in behavioral health treatment
- Advocate with and for program participants to achieve personal goals and address barriers such as fear, stigma and communication disparities with community providers and supports.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and supervisory sessions
- Monitor and record participant’s progress and modify plan according to needs and preference
- Comply with all required in-service training and staff development
- Escort consumers to scheduled appointments as needed
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management
- Knowledge of behavioral health systems, mental health legislation and regulation, and health conditions; familiarity with NYS entitlements
- Ability to manage multiple projects and ask for help when needed
- Ability to participate on a team to accomplish task
- Serve as a role model to staff and stakeholders
- Ability to work with all stakeholders: participants, network, and families in a caring and respectful manner, and with due understanding of and consideration for cultural differences
- Knowledge of treatment, rehabilitation, and community support programs as they relate to members and their families
- Knowledge of techniques for identifying risk, including crisis management techniques
- Other duties as assigned