| On Location / In Office
$40,000 - $42,000/yr.
WJCS is hiring! If working alongside a team of caring professionals interests you, apply now!
Details about this exciting opportunity:
- 35 hours/week Peer Specialist opening in our Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT) program.
- The MCRT program operates out of Peekskill, NY and directly supports the work of the 911 Diversion program by providing mobile crisis intervention services in conjunction with the police department and other local referrers.
- Compensation: $40k-$42k/year.
What WJCS has to offer you (not all apply to Per-Diem employees):
- Sign-On Bonus.
- Weekend, Overnight and Holiday Pay Differentials.
- Generous PTO, Comprehensive Health Benefits and a Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).
- 403(b) Plan and an Agency-Paid Pension Plan.
- Opportunity for Professional Growth through the WJCS Educational Institute.
- Employee Assistance and Referral Program.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with the Westchester County Department of Community Mental Health, Peekskill and surrounding Police Departments in providing services to individuals who are in crisis, with the goal of intervention, assessment and referral to help clients live safely and prevent future crisis.
- The candidate will work a flexible schedule in order to be part of a cohesive team that provides 24/7/365 mobile crisis intervention.
If you have the following:
- State Peer Certification or Provisional Certification as a Peer Specialist.
- 2 years of active participation in mental health, self-help activities, peer support or peer advocacy programs, or similar programs a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Crisis intervention and response skills a plus.
- Work well independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with community partners.
- Strong written skills.
Then we are excited to receive your application!
How to apply:
- Send your resume and cover letter to Ashley DeNicolais, HR Recruiter, via email at email@example.com, or via fax at (914) 421-9066.
Why join Westchester Jewish Community Services (WJCS)?
Founded in 1943, WJCS provides a vast range of supportive community services each year to 20,000 people of all ages and backgrounds. Across every division, WJCS employees are connected by their shared values and commitment to helping those in need.
We are dedicated to ensuring dignity and respect for all employees in an inclusive and safe environment that values diversity, experience, and merit. We are committed to racial justice and equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, class, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity differences—for employment, professional development, and advancement for qualified individuals.
WJCS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.