New Rochelle, NY
| On Location / In Office
$27 - $27/hr.
Location: New Rochelle, NY
Hours: M-F Days
Rate of Pay: $27.47/hr
Certified Peer or Provisional Peer required
- OVERVIEW OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES > In response to the devastating opioid epidemic in New York State, The Guidance Center of Westchester is seeking a Substance Use Certified Peer Specialist to provide comprehensive outreach, engagement, and case management supports for new and existing participants in our substance use treatment programs. With the goal of increasing engagement, retention, and connection to treatment, this position will work with program participants to provide community-based as well as clinic-based engagement, crisis support, case management, and outreach. The position will function as part of the interdisciplinary team at our OASAS-licensed programs, including a part 822 outpatient clinic and an Opioid Treatment Program.
- PRIMARY FUNCTIONS >
- Provide comprehensive outreach, engagement, education, and crisis support, as well as support for linkages to recovery services to potential, new, and existing program participants and community members in need of substance use services. This will include meeting with current and potential participants in community locations as well as providing escorts to community appointments.
- Coordinate with and follow up on referrals made by local municipalities and community partners to support individuals with substance use issues, providing naloxone and other harm reduction resources when appropriate.
- Conduct direct outreach to community members, locations, and organizations to identify individuals in need of substance use services and supports. As appropriate, seek out opportunities to provide information and workshops in the community to raise awareness about substance use issues and related services and supports.
- Function as part of the interdisciplinary team at agency OASAS-licensed programs.
- Complete timely and effective documentation in the Electronic Medical Record.
- ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONAL / ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT > Assignments may be determined at a future date.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES >
- Deep belief in behavioral health recovery, integrated services, harm reduction, and person-centered holistic care.
- Commitment to social justice and principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Interest in community-based work.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE >
- NY State Peer certification or Provisional Certification required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred. High School Diploma or the equivalent required.
Personal and lived mental health and/or substance use recovery experience