Arverne, Queens, NY
| On Location / In Office
$20 - $20/hr.
Position Summary: Responsibility for direct service with identified Respite Guest(s), provide orientation and ongoing support and training of activities for daily living, and documenting in program records/ EHR. This position may have supervised / unsupervised contact and or conversational interaction with guest(s) while working in the Short-Term Crisis Respite.
Part-time: Sat-Sun 12am-8am
1. Responsible to coordinate evacuation and ensure guest safety in actual emergencies (i.e. fire drills). Essential functions of this duty include the ability to climb and descend stairs and assist others to do the same. This may include both verbal and physical prompting.
2. Provide peer support to HCBS/ Crisis Respite guest(s), including orientation to program environment, rules and regulations, managing new environment routine.
3. Escort consumers to necessary services, if appropriate.
4. Identify community resources.
5. Assist in mental health outreach efforts to target populations.
6. Participate in on site and off site activities with Respite Guest(s)
7. Attend staff meetings and other meetings as directed by supervisor(s). This will require the ability to travel to other sites.
8. Responsible for crisis intervention and incident reporting procedures.
9. Monitor and assist planning of daily activities and events.
10. Act as a role model for Respite Guest(s).
11. Assist/supervise with food preparation and clean up at Crisis Respite.
12. Participate in training, in-services, and support activities for Peer Specialists.
13. Assist in linen care/laundry of linen and changing bedding after each guest departs.
14. Participate in OMH/ WellLife Network approved Orientations and Training.
15. This does not limit the assignment of duties or exclude the performance of other duties not mentioned, as assigned by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalency diploma required and be an OMH-certified Peer Specialist/ OASAS-certified Peer Advocate. Have good communication skills, and have experience with mental health and/or substance abuse issues. Demonstrates ability to work with mental health consumers required.