| On Location / In Office
$17 - $17/hr.
Liberty Resources is currently seeking a Full Time Peer Specialist to work with our HIV Services program!
Our employees have passion around the services they provide and our corporate values of excellence and staff support. We pride ourselves on high quality, integrated, community-based services that meet the evolving needs of our communities. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce that values the contributions of all team members and work to recognize cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and how they apply to provision of positive health outcomes
Peer Specialist Position Summary:
The Peer Specialist coordinates services and develops relationships in the community to improve individuals’ ability to access and/or maintain care and housing. By using identified best practices, procedures and methods, the Peer Specialist provides supportive counseling and housing as a means to facilitate access to health services and improve the health status of clients, as well as to coordinate effects of the Program Supervisor and Housing Specialist to implement the client’s Plan of Care.
Peer Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Provides on-site and community-based services for clients.
- Provides advocacy, supportive counseling and referral and linkage services for clients as needed and as assigned by the Program Supervisor.
- Establishes individualized care plans and implements goals in cooperation with a multi-disciplinary team. Assures continuity of client services.
- Responds to and effectively handles emergency situations which may require flexibility of time and area of assignment. Shares on-call responsibility and takes necessary action to ensure staff coverage, appropriate crisis interventions, and untoward incident notification.
- Provides recovery-oriented services incorporating Need Adapted Treatment and Intentional Peer Support.
- Completes all required documentation, in timelines in accordance with program standards.
Peer Specialist Qualifications
HS Diploma required. Work experience in a behavioral health or related setting, preferably using the recovery model with one to two years of personal recovery experience, is preferred. It is preferred that the individual is a graduate of the core peer specialist training program and has respect for, and a high level of comfort around people experiencing HIV/AIDS, medical, psychiatric, or substance-related crises. Candidate must identify self as a current or former recipient of mental health, substance abuse, or medical services with a willingness to share personal experience appropriately and respectfully.
Required Skills and Abilities
- The ability to understand, support and operate from a strength-based approach; display professionalism in all settings; recognize the importance and benefits of relationship-building and collaborating with other service providers;
- The ability to solve complex problems using creative solutions and act consistently in a manner that demonstrates dignity and respect for peers,
- The ability to de-escalate in times of crisis,
Starting Pay: $16.50 per hour
Liberty Resources is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Liberty Resources offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.